Many people think of the word "Intellectual" as consisting of something boring or mundane. However, when talking about Intellectual Wellness, this is far from the truth and is quite different for everyone. You can exercise your mind by creating your own work of art, taking a class, learning a new skill, or simply including positive media into your life like reading, radio, news, or even tv.
Walking a path of Intellectual Wellness guides you to discover an instincual interest in being informed of current affairs, finding solutions to problems, while creating and supporting new ideas. As your intellectual curiosity grows, you'll find yourself excited to expand and challenge your mind with creative pusuits. You'll learn to see challenges in your life as opportunities for positive growth instead of problems, obstacles, and negativity while engaging in clear, independant, and critical thinking.
- Take a class or workshop in something outside your normal routine
- Learn something new - a foreign language perhaps
- Seek out intellectually inspiring people
- Subscribe to an interesting magazine or newsletter
- READ A BOOK! — any book! (Buy it, Borrow it, Check it out from the library
- Visit a museum, attend an play, see an independent film
- Take on a hobby in your spare time - Chess, Sudoku, eating/writing with the opposite hand
- Learn proper nutrition including supplementation and exercise regularly — many nutrients are essential proper brain function