In life, it is important to know the impact you have on nature, your community, and the individuals you interact with. We all have a responsibility to take an active roll in improving our world by encouraging healthy environments and communicating better with those around us! In doing so, we actively create and preserve the incredible beauty and balance of life and nature. In fact, most people who maintain a positive social support system do much better under stress while socially isolated people are more susceptible to illness and even often have a higher instance of death. However, there are practices and tools, such as regular meditation, which can help those isolated individuals find peace while building a healthy social network.
Many find this concept difficult however there is an array of simple and effective ways to create lasting, loving, meaningful relationships in your life as well as social wellness in our world. We all have free-will and the power to make choices to enhance our life, relationships, friendships, our community, the environment and, ultimately, the world. Think about it, when is the last time you:
- Donated and/or Participated in a community growing event or cause?
- Gave a compliment? Out of the blue, even to a stranger? With no intention of gain?
- Gave someone a gift when it wasn’t a holiday, their birthday, anniversary, etc.?
- Actually returned the shopping cart to the stall?
- Genuinely said “Thank you”
- Taught someone how to do something?
- Gave someone a hug?
- Told someone you love and appreciate them?
- Gave in to someone’s wants or needs other than your own?
- Thought about how you could benefit someone or your community and done it?
- Physical contact has an amazing impact on improving health (Hug, Kiss, Touch, etc)
- Laughter really is good medicine
- Health diminishes when human companionship is lacking
- Strong social networks can create positive mood and even enhance self-esteem